Monday, August 15, 2005

Ladies and Gentlemen

We need more ladies and gentlemen in the world. I'm not talking about the concept of "titled nobility." Instead, I'm talking about:

People who do right by themselves and each other... People who admit when they're wrong and then work like hell to make things better... People who are gallant... People who can be trusted in and who know how to trust... People who know how to tell the truth, but also know how to tell it without being hurtful... People who understand the meaning of loyalty... People who know how to respect and be respected... People who are responsible--for themselves and their actions and the consequences of their actions...

And that doesn't mean that you can't have fun... in fact, I feel that quite the opposite would happen if you surround yourself with ladies and gentlemen... because you know that you can truly trust in them... you can get past superficials and really connect with people on a deeper level. You really can talk about life, the world, and everything... you can joke and kid with them because you know it's meant in pure fun and not to hurt...

I put my stake in the ground on this one. I found a gentleman... I believe he's one of the last southern gentlemen in this day and age, and I am so blessed to be his lady. The very wonderful thing is that in their own way, our close friends are ladies and gentlemen, too.

It's so much better to surround yourself with people you can trust to be there for you when you need them and who you would go to the wall for if they needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings! Thanks for joining in the conversation on my blog. Please know that I am all about listening and not judging. Please follow the Golden Rule when posting. Be kind to others and if you disagree with me or another commenter, please do so politely. Thanks and have a lovely day!