Thursday, July 30, 2009

Returning to my personal blog

So I've taken a roller coaster ride in my work life these last six months. I am now laid off, but unexpectedly, happier than I've been in a long time...

With the exception of the intense diversity and inclusion work I had been involved with at my former company, I was completely burnt out on the job that I had. I was really good at it, but it didn't really challenge me. And I discovered that a bored Tams is not a happy Tams, especially from a career perspective.

Speaking of perspectives, I've done a lot of introspection this last month. I didn't plan to spend my vacation laid up with a sprained ankle, but I think perhaps I needed it... the time and space to sit with myself (and have time with my family, both people and pets). I discovered I had to learn how to breathe all over again. My conclusions are that I do not at all feel guilty for being laid off (I tend to more judgmental about myself than others). I do not think I would have been happy staying in the same kind of role for another few years. And I would have missed out on some of the most amazing moments of my motherhood this month.

Instead, I am happy that I've got this cushion in which I can think about new things and explore new challenges, and that I can target them to somehow find a way to earn enough to support the family, yet work at home so I have more time to spend with my family. They are the best de-stressers in the world! I am thankful every day for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings! Thanks for joining in the conversation on my blog. Please know that I am all about listening and not judging. Please follow the Golden Rule when posting. Be kind to others and if you disagree with me or another commenter, please do so politely. Thanks and have a lovely day!